This tutorial will show you how to create a shiny disco ball from scratch in Photoshop.
01. Open a new document and fill the background with black color.
02. Set your foreground color to black and background color to white. Now go to Filter > Render > Clouds and you’ll see coudy background right away.
03. Go to Filter > (Filter Gallery in Photoshop CS6) > Texture > Patchwork. There set the square size of how big squares you want your disco ball to have and set the relief to determine how deep are the gaps. Press Ok.
04. Take the round selection tool and holding down the Shift key, make a selection.
05. To make the pattern round, go to Filter > Distort > Spherize. Be sure the amount is at 100% and press Ok.
06. Now the image should look something like below. To get rid of the excess background, go to Select > Inverse and hit the delete button.
07. Now you should only have the disco ball left. Add some background behind it and also resize the ball a bit smaller to make the ball look sharper.
08. You can try to also add some shine on it with a brush and you are done!