This tutorial will show you How to Create a Merry Christmas Neon Wall Sign Text Effect in Photoshop.
01. Open a new document and fill it with any darker color or with an actual wall. Be sure the background is dark, since usually neon signs are turned on when it get darker outside. Now take the Type tool, set the color to bright yellow, pick a suitable font for signs, such as Picadilly, which is also used in this tutorial. Now add your text.
02. Lets add some shadow so that the text would look as its not against the wall. For that go to Layer > Layer Style > Drop Shadow. There add some setting such as the color of the shadow, the angle and distance.
03. From the same window, move to Outer glow tab and add the glow for your text. Usually it is the same color as your text color is but since the yellow is on a red brick wall, then the light would blend into a reddish color. Press Ok.
04. Now take the type tool again, pick another color and write another text.
05. Again, go to Layer > Layer Style > Outer Glow and add a distant shadow and a glow around the text. Press Ok.
06. You can also add any shape with the same effect and your neon text style is ready to glow!
How to Create a Merry Christmas Neon Wall Sign Text Effect in Photoshop