This tutorial will show you how to create a nice colorful origami tag in Photoshop.
01. Open a new document. Double click on your background layer to make it into a regular layer. Double click again to enter the Layer Styles window. There go to Gradient Overlay. Set the Style to Radial and gradient from black to darker grey. Press OK.
02. Create a new layer (Layer – New – Layer), pick the Rectangular Marquee Tool and draw a square. Then take the Gradient tool, set the gradient from black to dark grey and drag from one corner to another inside the selection to fill the area with your gradient. Press Ctrl + Z if not satisfied with the result and try again.
03. Create a new layer (Layer – New – Layer), take the Polygonal Lasso tool, make the selection of the shape going slightly over your top shape. Then take the Paint Bucket tool and fill it with a color.
04. Create a new layer and repeat the step by drawing a shape looking upwards. Fill it with a darker color.
05. Repeat the step making a shape looking downwards. Fill it with a lighter color than your darkest.
06. Create a shape under the main shape but so that it wouldn’t cross the top black square. Color it darker.
07. Create the last shape and again, don’t cross the top black square.
08. Double click on the main shape layer to enter the Layer Styles window and go to Drop Shadow. There add a small shadow under the shape. Press OK. Repeat this with couple of other shapes.
09. Add the text with the Type tool. Then select all of your layers and tilt them a bit by going to Edit – Transform – Scale.
10. And your tag is ready for use!