This tutorial will show you how to create an elegant portrait of a regular picture in Photoshop.
01. You may have a nice image of yourself where you look very decent but somehow the picture is not good enough to frame or print out. So, first step of making the portrait into an elegant one, open the picture in Photoshop.
02. Now fix the skin so it would be all nice and smooth. Take the Spot Healing Brush tool for that and just click those spots away.
03. Now cut the picture out of its background and do not forget also to include in the cutout those nasty flying hair and in general, fix the hair, cut out parts that are messy and even add a bun or such. Also do not forget to cut out the picture completely off its background.
04. Now fill the background with a color that you’d wish for. Then create a new layer (Layer > New > Layer), pick the color white and start making different size dots. Lower the opacity.
05. Keep making the dots and lower the opacity of some more than others. Then take the dodge tool and make the highlight even lighter.
06. And now you have a nice and elegant portrait that you can frame or post around.