Photo Editing – Create a Mutant Hand with Photoshop
This tutorial will show you how to create a freaky mutant hand by using Photoshop.
01. Open the hand you wish to start editing. The simpler the background the easier it is to change the photo (white being the easiest).
02. Duplicate the hand layer by right clicking on the hand layer and choosing Duplicate. Or just press Ctrl + J. Scale it smaller as much as needed (Edit – Transform – Scale).
03. Select and delete all the extra parts (background and the excessive arm).
04. Now take the eraser tool and delete the extras even more closely so that the little hand covers the fingertip perfectly.
05. Now go to Image – Adjustments – Color Balance and try to match the finger color with the little hand one. Delete with the eraser tool any mismatches in color at the background.
06. Now take the Burn tool and add on the finger any shadow that the finger had and continue it. Do the same with the highlights using the Dodge Tool – continue any highlight that was cut off on the finger.
You can always move on to the next finger and use a different had on it so every finger would be different.